Sunday, October 7, 2012

Making Snowman with Mom

Out of most of my childhood pictures I can recognize who I am and what I was doing, but I don't remember the exact moment when the picture was taken. Many of the pictures where I was in the park I recognize that's the place where we often went but I can't remember what happened on that particular trip.
I think the only picture where I can remember the details is this picture above. In one winter day, when we were all at Grandpa Cheng's place, it suddenly started to snow and by that time there were already plenty on the ground. I was really excited, and so was Mom. She told me to quickly put on the coat and go outside and play together. It was unusual, Mom actually wanted to go outside and play with me like a little kid, I thought. I remembered running as fast as I could and started to pile up the snow to make a snowman. Mom played with me for awhile and then she took my pictures. I remember smashing the snow down with my shovel and Mom told me to smile. I looked up, she took the picture, and I went right back to playing snow.

I think pretty soon she went back to the house. It seems to me she really wanted to take pictures of snow rather than playing with snow. Come to think of it she has taken a lot of pictures of snow. Whenever there was a freak snow shower in Georgia she would always make us go out there to take some pictures.

Anyways I can't recall anything else that happened when this picture was taken. But I do think about it alot once they are gone. I remember where I was in Grandpa's place, I remember running out of the back door, with the snow still coming down, and how excited I was to play with Mom. And I also remember how I didn't feel like having my pictures taken and I just wanted to play. These memories are very special to me, I treasure them in my heart. These memories are when I was young, without a care in the world because Mom and Dad would take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment